Board-Certified Criminal Law Specialist Takes On California Prosecutors
Experienced Manhattan Beach attorney defends the accused
From the Law Offices of J. Patrick Carey in Manhattan Beach, he serves as a reliable and assertive advocate for individuals charged with crimes. He is a board-certified criminal law specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, so he is confident in countering even the toughest prosecution in Manhattan Beach and throughout the Beach Cities and Los Angeles County.
Aggressive advocate represents clients charged with DUI and drug violations
Strict penalties, ranging from substantial fines to incarceration, can arise from drug and alcohol charges. he is experienced in defending against accusations of:
- DUI — If you are arrested on the suspicion of driving under the influence, he will examine the arresting officer’s actions and evidence to determine if your charge may have been affected by an improper procedure or a faulty breathalyzer. He can also work toward a lenient decision if you have taken actions, such as attending AA meetings, to remedy the cause of the DUI.
- Drug crimes — He defends clients accused of violent and nonviolent drug crimes and develop defense strategies that meet the gravity of their charges. For example, he may help a nonviolent offender complete the California drug courts’ pre-plea diversion program, which can lead to criminal charges being dismissed.
These charges can have profound negative effects when they are not dealt with properly. He is committed to seeking an acceptable resolution to the accusations his clients are up against.
Determined lawyer takes on California felony and misdemeanor cases
When possible, he will work to have your charges dismissed or to negotiate a fair plea deal. If a trial is necessary, he will fight to achieve a just and favorable verdict. He handles challenging cases involving:
- Sex crimes — Prison time, registration as a sex offender and social ostracism are a few possible consequences for an individual charged with committing a sex crime in California. If you or a loved one is accused of rape, sexual battery, sex with a minor or any other sex offense, it is crucial to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. He can advise you on how to answer inquiries from investigators and prosecutors so that your side of the story is told.
- Arson — Arson can be a felony or misdemeanor crime in California, depending on where the fire occurred, if it was purposeful or accidental, and if any property or people were harmed. Sentences can vary from small fines to several years in prison. Providing a clear narrative of your actions and intentions is important if you are charged with arson.
- Burglary — Burglary of a home or other inhabited dwelling is a felony, while burglary of a structure where people don’t live can be a misdemeanor or a felony. Potential defenses include showing that you did not trespass intentionally or that you did not have criminal motivation.
His firm can provide the qualified defense you need to protect your rights.
Get a free initial consultation for your California criminal law case
Call the Law Offices of J. Patrick Carey in Manhattan Beach, California at 310-526-2237 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.